Was Nasim Shah hauled out of U-19 World Cup squad over age issue?

The Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) late choice to drop adolescent pacer Nasim Shah from the Pakistan Junior group, which is set to take an interest in the Junior World Cup in South Africa in the not so distant future, is doubtlessly for the motivation to maintain a strategic distance from further contention over his age in the worldwide media, very much educated sources told Dawn.In spite of the fact that Nasim had been chosen in the U-19 World Cup squad, he was later drafted into the senior group which visited Australia in Nov-Dec 2019 for the two-Test arrangement and hoarded the spotlight as a new kid on the block quick bowler. At the point when the Junior group was in the last phases of planning for the World Cup, the PCB abruptly reported that the bowler would not be a piece of the squad for the uber occasion as lead trainer Misbah-ul-Haq and bowling trainer Waqar Younis had different plans worked out for him.

On the voyage through Australia, a few inquiries over Nasim’s age were brought up in the worldwide media yet the PCB completely denied every single such report and said that it thoroughly depends on NADRA’s record and there is no motivation to question the youthful pacer’s age. Be that as it may, some ex-players from Australia, Pakistan and even India still communicated their questions.

On Monday, solid sources revealed to Dawn that notwithstanding safeguarding the time of Nasim forcefully, the PCB initiated an examination at its very own level after the voyage through Australia to sort the record out on the bowler’s age. Sources said that PCB’s PCPs in their reports couldn’t find out Nasim’s precise date of birth since they are of the view that no dependable logical way is accessible to discover that while no global wearing bodies perceives bone test as the bona fide parameter to choose any player’s age.

It might be referenced that as indicated by a meeting distributed in Dawn in 2016, previous West Indian extraordinary quick bowler Andy Robert had referenced that he had spotted Nasim at an ability chase program in Karachi in 2016 and anticipated that he will form into a world-class quick bowler very soon.

An authority of the lesser group’s administration on the state of secrecy disclosed to Dawn that Nasim’s essence in the group would have been increasingly useful for Pakistan to win the competition. Be that as it may, he said senior group lead trainer Misbah and bowling trainer Waqar wanted to work with him at home before the home arrangement against Bangladesh which, however, is as of now in doldrums.

“I should state that I especially loved a youthful quick bowler by the name of Nasim. He is only 16-year-old. I am heartbroken that I didn’t have at any rate two, three weeks’ a great opportunity to work with him,” the 65-year-old Antiguan pacer said in the meeting. “This individual is forceful, he has genuine pace and he is so youthful. He has the energy for the game and in the event that he looks after it, he will reach far. He is a generally excellent possibility,” Roberts was cited in that meeting.

At the point when Dawn attempted to contact PCB executive Ehsan Mani to get his perspectives on the issue of Nasim’s age, he was very hesitant to talk.

In any case, a PCB representative affirmed that the PCB had started the examination over Nasim’s age. When asked what was the need to begin the examination when the PCB had no questions at all over his age, the representative said it was a standard practice.

The representative likewise denied theories that the choice of dropping Nasim from the World Cup squad inferable from the age issue and demanded that it was a choice simply taken by the senior group the executives.

Leave a Reply